This fall the IPOKRaTES STUDENTS organization is hosting a new online case discussion seminar series on Emergency Medicine!
You are motivated to learn the Angloamerican way of presenting patient cases in an interactive seminar? You are willing to enhance your Medical English by active participation in clinical case discussions? You are bored of almost two years of COVID-19 pandemic and the lack of possibilities of going abroad?
We offer an online case discussion seminar series that is different from all the ones you had before in university. Excellent professors from the US and UK from renowned universities such as Yale University or Columbia University are motivated to teach you Emergency Medicine with a special focus on Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
Learning with others is a key element of our seminar, and the small group size guarantees optimal conditions for intensive studying. You will meet and get to know some of the finest teachers in a relaxed online get-together after the actual case presentation and lecture.
Our online seminar series composes of eight seminars during November of 2021. The seminar size is limited to guarantee personal interaction between the participants and the professors. Only 18 spots are available. The course fee is 45€, whereby students of the LMU can apply a total refund when visiting at least 6/8 of all sessions.
The online seminar series will be held by:
– Steve Mackey, MD, PhD – Columbia University, New York, USA – Internal Medicine, Endocrinology
– Isabel Gross, MD, PhD, MPH – Yale University, Connecticut, USA – Pediatric Emergency Medicine
– Fabian M. Laage Gaupp, MD – Yale University, Connecticut, USA – Interventional Radiology
– Andreas Huber, MD – Middlesbrough, UK – Internal Medicine
– Harish Reddy, MD – University of Nottingham, UK – Oncology
– Raphael Kunisch, MD – University of Munich – Cardiology
The online seminar series will be held at the following dates:
– Wednesday October 27, 2021 (6.30 p.m. to 7.30 p.m MET) – Introduction and organization of case preparation
– Monday, November 1, 2021 (6.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m MET) – Online seminar
– Wednesday, November 3, 2021 (6.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m MET) – Online seminar
– Monday, November 8, 2021 (6.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m MET) – Online seminar
– Friday, November 12, 2021 (6.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m MET) – Online seminar
– Sunday, November 14, 2021 (6.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m MET – Online seminar
– Thursday, November 18, 2021 (6.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m MET) – Online seminar
– Sunday, November 21, 2021 (6.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m MET) – Online seminar
Please submit your application below until October 24, 2021.
We are looking forward to seeing you in our seminar series!
The IPOKRaTES Munich Team
Thank you for your interest! The application window is now closed. We are looking forward seeing you all in the seminar sessions!
TPicture by Chris Montgomery